Lower Ballymount Road, Dublin 2
Entered: 06 June 2023
O’Neill & Brennan are currently recruiting for a Quantity Surveyor for our client, a building contractor with work across the West of Ireland. The successful candidate will join their team on a Commercial project in Co. Mayo.
Quantity Surveyor Responsibilities:
- Assist with E-tenders preparation and submission of pre-Qualification documentation
- Measure quantities from drawings and prepare BOQ from Buildsoft or similar package.
- Prepare and issue out subcontractor packages for tendering and review returned prices.
- Assessing preliminaries costs for project.
- Knowledge of building contracts - Lump Sum, Government contracts, and RIAI forms.
- Prepare Cashflow based on contract programme.
- Prepare Monthly valuations.
- Prepare and submit variation claims.
- Liaise with client QS.
- Review subcontractor prices received and finalised subcontractor contract documents and Purchase Orders.
- Attend site meetings.
- Review and prepare monthly payment certificates and Final accounts.
- Assist with supplier purchasing of all materials.
- Prepare high level budgets for projects.
- Assist with the preparation of year end accounts and liaise with accounts department
Quantity Surveyor Requirements:
- Relevant third level qualification in Quantity Surveying.
- At least 7+ years continuous experience with a Main Contractor on Commercial / Industrial Projects would be essential.
- Strong measurement, subcontractor procurement and negotiation skills.
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills and have a high level of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Abilities to work well with Customers, design team members and site-based work colleagues and to build strong working relationships.
- Experience in cost control and valuation preparation.
- Good communication, presentation and writing skills.
- Good organisational skills and the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Excellent IT skills and have working knowledge of Buildsoft, Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
- Full clean Irish driver’s license.
If you would like to apply for this position, please send your CV to email@example.com or call Lorcan on 087 920 0905 for a confidential conversation.