Quantity Surveyor (Developer)
Entered: 24 Sept 2020
Quantity Surveyor (Senior) | Dublin, Leinster | €110k + Bonus
Senior Quantity Surveyor/Commercial Manager for a premier residential developer, the Group is well positioned with a highly attractive land bank of strategically located sites in the Greater Leinster region, including Dublin, Kildare and Wicklow. Over the next four years they will undertake the planning, design and construction of 1,500 new homes (apartments & houses). You will report to the Commercial Director.
- Preparing and updating cost plans throughout design development to include liaison with design teams and delivery teams ensuring construction budgets for upcoming developments are robust.
- Several years post grad experience as a QS in the residential sectors.
- Supervise junior QS’s taking off quantities from drawings to create bills of quantities for upcoming developments, providing site teams with working documents and budgets.
- Procurement of products, services and materials pre-contract including value engineering details and undertaking cost benefit assessments of alternative solutions.
- Interpretation of live cost reports to incorporate into future cost plans.
- To attend meetings and undertake ‘site walks’ with the junior QS and site management teams.
- Reporting to the Commercial Director on progress and forecasted revenues.
- Several years post-graduate experience with a Developer, Contractor or PQS Practice.
- An ability to achieve demanding time and quality targets.
- Good IT skills with competency at Buildsoft, Costx or equivalent.
- To have strong analytical skills and ability to present findings.