Quantity Surveyor (Galway)
Entered: 23 Jan 2021
Quantity Surveyor | Galway | €Neg + Package
Our client is a well-established main contractor based in Galway with interests across Ireland and the UK. You will be based in the Galway, reporting to the Commercial Manager with regular site visits administering several projects concurrently.
Projects range from specialist cladding and roofing systems, for Tier 1 clients in the residential, hospitality, student accommodation, health and educational sectors. This division is part of a parent group of construction companied with a collective turnover in excess of €1bn.
Our client has the requirement for an experienced Quantity Surveyor, who will be primarily based in the Galway office, completing tender submissions, contract valuations and negotiating with sub-contractors also the ability to project manage the projects to final account and handover.
The successful candidate should:
- Hold a Degree / Diploma in Construction Economics or Quantity Surveying.
- Minimum 5 years experience in a similar role.
- Ability to price and estimate projects from €3 to €25m.
- Ability to agree final accounts, negotiation with sub-contractors.
- Well-developed interpersonal and communication skills
- Competent in all forms of estimating packages, Microsoft Excel, Word.
You will join an existing team of senior and junior QS and Estimators and a client that influences a sensible work-life balance.