Quantity Surveyor - Main Contractor
Entered: 20 Feb 2020
About the Role
Due to our clients growth, they are seeking a focused and experienced Senior Quantity Surveyor for the Design and Construction of a new 180 bedroom Hotel in South London.
The candidate will be a Senior Quantity Surveyor with a minimum of 7 to 10 years experience. The candidate will be a strong commercial manager and must have at least 80% of Building experience with a main contractor.
Senior Quantity Surveyor Responsibilities
- Cost control and management of design and build project
- Preparation of Internal Costs / Value reports on a monthly basis.
- Preparation and Management of Subcontracts suppliers and material Procurement Schedules
- Responsibility for agreeing monthly valuations with Client
- Budget control / materials management
- Ability to negotiate with contractors, suppliers with a view to agree final accounts
- Procurement of sub-contractors and suppliers
- Ability to manage subcontractors accounts/interim valuations
- Previous experience as a Senior Quantity Surveyor / Quantity Surveyor with 8+ years of experience with a main contractor.
- Experience in pricing projects
- Experience working towards tight deadlines and budgets, dealing with interim payments.
- Excellent client relationship skills
Desirable Skills/Attributes for Senior Quantity Surveyor
- Excellent IT skills, in particular advanced Excel with a keen interest to develop their skills further.
- Knowledge of Buildsoftor Cubit
- Good communicator and excellent analytical capabilities
- Willingness to show initiative and drive in addition to being a team player
- Well-presented and professional with a flexible approach to work