Entered: 06 Dec 2021
O’Neill & Brennan are currently recruiting for an experienced Quantity Surveyor on behalf of our client a well-established company, with vast experience in commercial, public sector and residential development.
This role is based in Portlaoise, and the successful candidate must have a Quantity Surveying degree, a minimum of 5 years’ experience in a Quantity Surveying role and experience working on Commercial / Residential projects.
Quantity Surveyor responsibilities include:
- Prepare cost analysis based on the architectural drawings, engineering estimates, materials required and labour involved
- Prepare cost plans to enable design teams to produce practical designs for construction projects, which involves liaising with architects, engineers and subcontractors.
- Prepare tender and contract documents, including bills of quantities
- Evaluate tenders from contractors and subcontractors and, where appropriate, negotiate with the contractors.
- Control all stages of projects within predetermined budget and expenditure.
- Monitor and keep track of project progress and are responsible for the measurement and valuation of variations in the work during the contract, for agreement of interim payments and the final account.
- Work as part of a team to ensure that the requirements of the client are delivered.
- Liaise and report to the Senior Quantity Surveyor
- Develop and maintain relationships with Client Representatives to support the activities and maintain positive relations on behalf of the company
- Representative of the company at all relevant site and other meetings
Quantity Surveyor requirements:
- A Degree in Quantity Surveying
- Minimum 5+ years of professional experience with proven track record
- Experience working on Commercial / Residential projects
- Good financial and numeracy management skills
- Excellent communication and negotiating skills
- A clear understanding of HSE building regulations and legal guidelines
If you are interested in this role, please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or call Clodagh on 087 797 8585 for a confidential conversation.