Quantity Surveyor - Residential
Entered: 24 Mar 2019
A leading Residential Building Company is currently recruiting a mid level Quantity Surveyor with experience in residential, design and build type projects.
As Quantity Surveyor, you will be responsible for the overall financial management of some of Dublin’s most high profile residential projects. Working out of the Co Kildare offices, covering projects across Dublin, Kildare, Wicklow and Meath.
What you’ll need to have:
- A BSc in Quantity Surveying or equivalent.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience with a developer or a residential construction company
- Must have strong measurement and take off skills.
- Must have strong knowledge of building detail and construction technology.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Proven negotiating ability.
- Strong IT skills, specifically in excel, cubit and outlook.
- Ability to work on own initiative and to tight deadlines.
- Ability to work as part of team essential.
- Experience of managing building contracts.
- Strong organisation skills to ensure clear and concise reports are maintained throughout assignment.
- Financial management of overall project.
- Measurement of building elements & preparation of Bills of Quantities/Schedule of Rates.
- Preparing tender documents and analysing tender returns for sub-contractors and suppliers.
- Tender reporting and recommendations.
- Preparing sub contract documents and control of contract documents.
- Carrying out monthly valuations for works on site, managing sub contract payments & liabilities, completing monthly cost reports for budget v actual.
- Coding of costs to a specific job.
- Tracking and monitoring of preliminary costs.
- Recording, reporting and management of projects risks, variations and cost overruns. Projected overall effect of any overruns.
- Completion of project close out documentation including final account resolution and agreement for all trade packages.
- Attend project meetings, provide commercial and cost advice as required.
- Contract compliance and management of variations and claims notification procedures.
- Health & Safety and building regulations compliance.
- Assist Senior QS and Contracts Manager as needed.
The package will include a basic salary of €60,000 - €65,000, with healthcare, pension and a healthy bonus
How to apply:
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date CV to Cathal McKeever, or call us now on +44(0)7724790015
The Breagh Team
Breagh Recruitment are the go to specialist construction and engineering recruitment consultants across the UK and Ireland, with an ethos based on flexibility, hard work and a bit of good old common sense. We live within these core values servicing our clients and candidates on a daily basis.
Key roles we recruit for include: Design Engineers, Health & Safety managers, project managers, construction managers, site engineers, quantity surveyors, civil engineers, estimators, buyers, bid managers and site supervisors, across Ireland and the UK.