Quantity Surveyor with Modular/Pods experience
Entered: 20 Feb 2020
£55k + Package
ICDS are currently recruiting a Senior QS required by a leading Modular Systems company in the UK who design, manufacture and fit modules/pods for a range of clients across the construction industry in the UK.
Their products include innovative modular construction systems which are particularly popular in high rise residential and hotel towers also for school bundles and other social infrastructure in the UK and overseas.
Based in their head office and manufacturing facility in Bedford, you will lead the commercial and contractual aspect of the business, create and control cost-control systems, advising and providing strategic input and commercial expertise to the projects, create and implement change control processes to ensure the contract price adjustments are identified and agreed with the client.
- Identify and quantify risk and opportunities in bids and tenders.
- To support in key negotiations with prospective customers, partners and sub-contractors.
- Maintain and develop Risk Management processes ensuring cash flow is key.
- Agree strategies with the General Manager consistent with company objectives and timetables.
- Ensure all disputes are controlled and dealt with in order to protect and further company interest and relationships.
- Oversee and develop tender prices from Architects drawings and create bill of quantities if not delivered by the client.
- Advising on procurement strategy.
- Procuring sub-contract packages and monitoring invoices for payments.
- Assisting, advising and input into development and improvement of supply chain.
- Project cost analysis, control, management and reporting.
You will have a third level qualification in quantity surveying, construction economics or similar coupled with several years in a similar role with a specialist subcontractor/supplier or with a main contractor. Some previous experience or exposure to modular systems is essential, and experience in the UK market would be desirable.
Send CV in Word format to email@example.com and/or view other vacancies at www.icds.ie/build