Retail Maintenance Procurement Manager (QS / PM)
Entered: 29 Mar 2020
With Nationwide travelling as necessary
1 Manager for North of Country
Package is €65,000, van, laptop, phone, Christmas bonus – (5 – 10%), Working from home/on the road mainly but in Dublin once a week.
You can essentially be based anywhere in the country.
Ward Personnel require a Retail Procurement Manager to assist with the upgrade of selected stores of a nationwide retailer. The role requires the procurement management of upgrade works in stores, agreement of scope of works, costs verification and delivery of the works.
As part of the role you will be required to liaise with all stakeholders including retail property managers, maintenance department, store managers, contractors, design team, selected suppliers, and other relevant parties.
The work will involve both practical and theoretical elements, significant "hands-on" technical understanding and experience will be required.
This role is an exciting opportunity for somebody looking to move in cost and procurement management with a balance between office and site based workload. Full training will be provided on the role.
The successful candidate should be self-motivated and enthusiastic, with the ability to work on a team and on own initiative.
· Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
· Representing the interests of retail client and requirements of projects.
· Understanding scope of works and procuring contractors.
· Visiting stores and agreeing scope of works with store managers.
· Outlining works requirements and receiving quotes for work from contractors.
· Confirmation of work regulations and requirements before work commencement.
· Agreeing timescales, restrictions and resources.
· Overseeing Purchase Orders, costs and payment.
· Ensuring the aims of the project are achieved and quality standards are met.
· Background in construction / quantity surveying.
· Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office, excel, market costs,
· Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
· Strong organisational skills including the ability to multitask, and attention to detail.
· Budget planning skills.
· Negotiation skills.
The successful candidate will most likely have the following skills and competencies:
- · A minimum of 8 - 10 years relevant construction experience.
- · Excellent knowledge of the materials of construction and building services.
- · Strong computer skills.
- · Good verbal, written and customer engagement skills.
- Construction trade or a 3rd Level Qualification in a Building Construction related discipline: Quantity Surveying, Building Surveying, Engineering,
Reference ID: WPC840