Senior M&E Quantity Surveyor - Consultancy
Entered: 08 Aug 2020
Our client provide an array of cost management services for several high profile clients across many sectors and require a Senior MEP Quantity Surveyor with a strong background in estimating, tender evaluations, onsite cost controls etc. who is driven to deliver a high level of service to their clients. This is a full-time permanent role based in London.
- Provide commercial and contract support through the construction stage of the project
- Produce full bills of quantities/estimates to provide client detailed budgets
- Ensure initial cost plans are sufficient to carry out the works to be undertaken
- Perform tender analysis to ensure value for money is achieved and that the works have been procured at the best market rates
- Provide project controls support to align with the client’s needs and procedures
- Communicate effectively with other staff members, the general contractor and the client
- Deliver all work outputs in an accurate and timely manner
- Experienced and capable of closing out commercial, change orders and contract issues
- Support the onsite team with cost control, cost reporting and forecasting
- Perform interim valuations to ensure subcontractor payments are correct and made in a timely manner
- Forecast and monitor cash flow/accruals to ensure a positive cash flow is maintained and liaise with client’s financial team
- Assist in the reparation and agreement of final accounts, including the handling of any claims to ensure the client gets best value from works undertaken
- Produce cost analysis feedback / lessons learnt to the client for future works
- Major building services experience in a mechanical and electrical background.
- Experience working on large data centre projects
- Consultancy experience desirable
- Strong team player
- Demonstrate the ability to close out tasks
- The ideal candidate will be results driven, self-motivated and resourceful with excellent client relationship skills
- BSc essential in a construction related discipline
If you are interested in this role please send a CV to Stephen.Walsh@icdsuk.com or Call Stephen on 0208 861 7847.