What is required?
Building Staff Solutions (BSS) are recruiting an experienced Senior Quantity Surveyor for the Dublin area. As a Senior Quantity Surveyor you will be part of our client's construction team and responsible for all financial matters within your portfolio of projects.
- Technical input into water mains commissions
- You will take responsibility for the projects from the Estimating department tender until final account settlement.
- Be responsible for developing & implementing the project procurement strategy
- Constantly review any developing design in line with client budgets, notify of any possible divergences, and any possible “value engineering”
- Be responsible for delivering best value for money for our clients
- Understand the commercial arrangements with our client and appraise our site team of our on-going obligations
- Be responsible for producing valuations, cost reports and projections throughout the currency of the project.
- Be responsible for development of the “Final Account” for the client and concluding all commercial arrangements with Senior Quantity Surveyor our supply chain.
- Be responsible for the training and development of your surveying team
What you need to have
- 8-10 years proven experience with academic or professional qualifications
- Previous experience on commercial and industrial projects is desirable
- Familiarity with Microsoft office is essential, and “coins”, “conquest”, “costX” desirable
- Excellent communication, presentation and people management skills
What you get in return
- Excellent working environment
- Latest available training to assist you in your role
- Competitive Salary
- Work for a highly driven organisation that prides itself on delivery of service and customer satisfaction.
If you would like to know more, give Michael O Hara a call to discuss in complete confidence.