Senior Quantity Surveyor – Louth
Entered: 10 July 2020
Euro Executive Recruitment has been retained by an International leading contractor to recruit a Senior Quantity Surveyor for a role based in Co Louth. You will be based on a large pharma project, and travel as required to site. The role offers significant opportunity to progress with a leading international company.
You will require a high element of supervisory, management skills, as well as being an ambitious candidate.
Mechanical exposure required.
- Preparing early stage budgets and detailed cost plans;
- Performing risk and value management and cost control;
- Advising on procurement strategy;
- Preparing tender and contracts documents, including bills of quantities;
- Identifying, analysing and developing responses to commercial risks;
- Preparing and analysing costings for tenders;
- Establishing and operating cost and financial control systems;
- Certifying progress claims and payments to contractors against work completed
- Negotiating to ensure budgets are not exceeded;
- Measurement from drawings of the Mechanical and Electrical components;
- Providing advice on contractual claims;
- Maintain contemporaneous accurate records;
- Valuing completed work and compiling application for payment;
- Monthly cost and value reports;
- Project cost and programme forecasts;
- Minimum of 7 years post-graduate experience.
- Experience working on Data Centre / Pharmaceutical projects is desired.
- Strong knowledge of construction industry and its practices.
- Ability to interact with all clients, sub-contractors effectively.
- Qualified to Degree Level
- Available to work in Ireland / UK
- Forge and maintain relationships with clients.
- Strong IT / MS Office Skills
- Measurement and Valuation experience required.
- To be proficient in MS Office applications- Excel, MS project, Powerpoint.
- Experience in NEC and JCT forms of contract
For further information on this role, please contact Ian Murphy on 021 2066078 or 085 8666878. Alternatively send your CV in confidence to firstname.lastname@example.org