Senior Quantity Surveyor
Entered: 16 May 2021
We have a new opportunity for a Senior Quantity Surveyor to join an established building contractor based in Co Mayo.
Our clients office is conveniently located within 1 hours’ drive from Athlone, Sligo, Galway and Castlebar.
- Management and ownership of the commercial and contractual requirements through the life-cycle of projects.
- Monitor project costs against budgets
- Preparing measures and works packages for procurement and valuation purposes.
- Negotiating and purchasing of Sub-Contracts, subsequent account management and agreement of Final Accounts.
- Assess cost effectiveness of products and services.
- Prepare Cost Reports and Cash Flow Forecasts
- Attend project and subcontractor meetings
- Identify, assess and manage commercial and contractual risks.
- Ensure contract documents and their revisions are effectively managed
- Work with senior and site management and to ensure projects are a commercial success.
- 3rd level Qualification in Quantity Surveying or Construction Economics
- Minimum of 5 years Quantity Surveying experience, working with building contractors.
- Residential project experience.
- Good computer skills
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Excellent written and oral communication skills with the ability to provide and explain reports accurately.
- Full driving licence.