Senior Quantity Surveyor - Meath (2401)
Entered: 22 Oct 2018
Our client is a growing Medium Sized main contractor with a large portfolio of experience comprising of Public and Private sector clients in the educational, Industrial, commercial and civil. They have a fantastic opportunity for a Senior Quantity Surveyor based in Co. Meath. The right candidate will have previous main contracting experience and have proven tendering and financial management exposure in the Irish construction industry.
As a Senior Quantity Surveyor you will
- Sourcing Projects for Tendering from Both Public & Private Clients
- Preparing and collating tenders by a given deadline
- Analysing sub-contractor quotations and checking inclusions and exclusions.
- Prepare tender return/submission documents. Co-ordination of same using other members of the business (Quantity Surveyors, Purchasing, Accounts, admin etc).
- Attend pre tender, mid tender and post submission interviews with clients
- Preparation of progress applications, final accounts and the final negotiation of same.
- Processing of variations and updating financial contract information.
- Prepare and issue Sub-Contract enquiries
- Negotiating and awarding of Sub-Contracts and their subsequent account management and final agreement along with the Contract/project managers.
- Carry out site visits, check site surveys, conduct meetings with client and Contractors.
- Preparation of regular Cost reports and monitor project costs against budgets, identity problems/opportunities and recommend/implement change where necessary.
- Represent the business to suppliers, contractors, clients as required.
- Be an active part of the business development part of the business.
- Develop and maintain relationships in a highly professional manner with Client Representatives to support the activities and maintain positive relations on behalf of the company
- Reporting directly to the Managing Director
As a Senior Quantity Surveyor you will have
- A Degree in Quantity Surveying or construction economics
- Minimum 5+ years of professional experience with proven track record
- Good knowledge of the Various Form of Contracts in both public and private sectors.
- Have strong communication skills
- Have the ability to work on own initiative
- Excellent reporting and administrative skills
Please send your CV to Clodagh at email@example.com or call us on 01-4569899/087-7978585.