Clerk of Works
Entered: 24 Nov 2020
Location Medical Facility, Ballinasloe, Galway
Projects Building, M&E, Civil & Structural
Duration Initially 12 months with a view to extension, permanency
Salary circa €50,000 plus doe
On behalf of our client, a semi state organisation, we are welcoming applications for the position of Clerk of Works for their facility in Ballinasloe, Galway. If you have experience as a clerk of works or similar role, representing the client for highly regulated projects such as pharma, hospitals, medical facilities, schools, universities or similar this is the role for you
- Monitor the Building / Civil and structural works on Site, ensuring that the standard of work and materials supplied by the contractor are as specified in accordance with the contract information.
- Ensure Compliance with drawings, specifications and other contract
- Monitor quality control, on and off site in conjunction with the project team.
- Review and Report deviations from specified construction procedures to ensure compliance with regulations
- Record anomalies in site activities including weather, Health & Safety, quality of work, etc
- Track and report progress in relation to cost &
- Attend site meetings, take photographs and maintain a current drawing/specifications database, maintaining a daily diary of activity, producing a weekly
- Maintain a Daily Works diary, and record; decisions, events, appointments, staff details, site visits, equipment on site, contractor’s attendance, daily temperatures, photographs of progress.
- Produce a weekly report, summarising weekly activity on site including photographs.
- Witness; testing, Installation and Commissioning during and on completion of the
- Ensure no interruption occurs to the building
- Track the co-ordination of M&E services and ensure compliance with the contract
- Aid in practical completion and defects rectification issues and monitoring their timely resolution in a satisfactory manner and Ensure the quality and workmanship of finishing works
- Prompt delivery of as-built records, safety files, digital projects and O& M manuals etc
- Aid the successful handover of the building
- Ensure effective delivery with minimum disturbance within this live medical facility
- Prepare schedule of defects and to certify rectification of snagging
- Health & safety duties
A third level qualification in a construction related discipline such as Construction studies or Civil Engineering.
Be a member of the Chartered Institute of Building or Member of the Institute of Clerk of Works.
At least 5 years’ experience in a Clerk of Works or similar role, with at least 2 years representing the client on large building projects
A detailed working knowledge of building construction technology is essential and candidates should also have knowledge of mechanical & electrical services.
Proficiency in the use of MS Office and AutoCAD
Clean driving licence and have unencumbered access to a suitable vehicle.
To Apply; Send a copy of your up to date CV outlining your relevant experience regarding clerk of works duties as well as naming the projects you worked on and whom you represented. For enquiries call Darina; 0866078982 / 01 6390391