Engineering Technician (1582)
Entered: 16 Dec 2018
Engineering Technician - Offaly
Working in the engineering department, this role will have responsibility for the maintenance and calibration of all process equipment and utilities. This will include working with teams internally in the company as well as managing external contractors to adhere to company standards. It will also include day to day operation of the utilities and systems to support manufacturing.
- Day to day operation and maintenance of all utilities and systems necessary to support manufacturing.
- Liaise with production, QA and outside vendors to schedule validation and calibration work on equipment and utilities.
- Assist in the temperature mapping and validation of various plant items including, fridges, incubators, cold rooms and autoclaves.
- Assist with calibration of instrumentation on plant equipment and utilities and preparation of SOP’s for all items.
- Gathering of maintenance and calibration data for preparation of SOP’s.
- Participate in Quality and Safety regulatory audits as required and input to similar supplier audits.
- Setting up and carrying out of environmental tasks required for compliance with company IPC licence.
- Participation in the call out system to cover out of hours alarms.
- Operation and maintenance of the onsite plant monitoring system
- General maintenance duties as arising on site.
- Other duties as assigned by the Engineering Manager.
Qualification and Experience:
- Degree/Diploma/Apprenticeship in relevant Engineering discipline.
- Minimum 3-5 years’ experience in pharmaceutical/healthcare industry.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Knowledge and experience in calibration and validation of utilities and equipment including fridges, freezers, incubators and autoclaves.
- Experience working with and managing external contractors
- Ability to prioritise, plan and manage tasks to meet agreed deadlines.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Ability to maintain very clear records of work completed
- Ability to work on your own initiative or as part of a team across all departments in the company
Please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or call us on 01-4569899