Junior/Intermediate Site Engineer
Entered: 16 Dec 2018
Our client are seeking a Junior Site Engineer for the Design and Construction of a new 180-bedroom Hotel in West London.
The Junior Engineer reports to Site Management Team and works closely with them to help drive the project through to successful completion, on time, within budget and to the highest standards as required.
The Engineer should hold an engineering degree, be highly motivated with a talent for computers and a keen interest in MS Project / Asta / BIM/Revit. The candidate should be proficient in AutoCad and be competent in setting out and in the use of instruments such as Robotic Total Station, EDM/s, laser levels etc.
We expect the individual to possesses good interpersonal skills and be able to work on their own initiative but also work effectively alongside senior staff to produce drawings, reports etc. You will need to have good written and spoken communication skills and be able to work as part of a team.
Reporting to the Site Management Team, the candidate will be responsible for the following:
• Promote and comply with Health and Safety on site, deliver works safely and to project deadlines,
• Accurate and timely setting out of works according to contract drawings, preparing drawings and calculations as required
• Ensuring checks are carried out on a regular basis and comply with legal requirements
• Recording and maintaining records such as site diary, drawing registers, outstanding defects, quality reports, daily diaries, progress photographs,
• Promote best practice on site, comply with company procedures and ensure the work is snag/defect free,
• Maintenance of Quality Management System on site and ensure records are compliant with ISO Standards
• Coordination and Supervision of Subcontractors in the performance of the Works
• Ensure maintenance of drawing register including drawings distribution
• Minimises environmental disturbance during the construction works
• Builds relationship with Site Manager and Management Team
• Responsible for ensuring all equipment is calibrated, maintained and checked in accordance with manufactures requirements
• Carry out inspections in accordance with Site Inspection Plan
• As-Built drawings (completion of As-Builds)
• Site Testing in accordance with Test & Inspect Plan
• Monitoring of materials delivered to ensure compliance with specifications
To apply for this role please forward an up-to-date CV to Stephen.Walsh@icdsuk.com or call Stephen on 0208 861 7847.