Regional Engineering Manager Cork
Entered: 05 Dec 2023
Location: Cork City, County Cork, Ireland
Experience: 7+ yrs
Alpine Recruitment is seeking a REGIONAL ENGINEERING MANAGER for an established T1 Contractor in Cork City, Ireland.
An international Tier One Building and Civil Engineering Contractor with a wide-ranging portfolio in Ireland, the UK, Europe, and the Middle East. Their focus includes Retail, Pharmaceutical, Renewable Energy, Infrastructure, Hi-Tec/Life Science, Residential, Healthcare, Education, and Hospitality with projects ranging in value up to €400 million. They offer competitive salaries and genuine career advancement prospects.
Oversee and coordinate large-scale engineering projects. Provide technical expertise, ensure quality and compliance, stakeholder communication, and resource management. Implement risk management, health, safety, and environmental standards. Foster a culture of continuous improvement within the engineering teams.
- Project Coordination: Collaborate with managers and stakeholders to ensure on-budget, on-schedule, and high-quality execution of large-scale projects across Ireland. Monitor progress, identify risks, and proactively implement mitigation strategies.
- Engineering Team Support: Provide technical guidance and foster cross-functional teamwork to optimise project efficiency. Assist in resource allocation for enhanced collaboration and knowledge sharing.
- Human Resources Management
- Technical Expertise: Stay well informed of engineering trends, regulations, and best practices, ensuring successful project completion.
- Quality Assurance and Compliance: Ensure adherence to industry standards, codes, and company policies. Implement quality control processes to maintain safety and workmanship standards.
- Stakeholder Communication: Act as a point of contact, ensuring effective communication between the regional office, project teams, and clients. Deliver project updates to stakeholders.
- Budget and Resource Management: Assist in budget preparation and collaborate on procurement for project materials and equipment.
- Risk Management: Identify and mitigate project risks to minimize disruptions and cost overruns. Continuously evaluate project performance for improvements.
- Health, Safety, and Environment: Promote a safety culture and ensure compliance. Participate in Health, Safety, and Environmental audits, inspections, and corrective actions.
- Reporting and Documentation: Maintain accurate project documentation and prepare regular status reports and metrics.
- Continuous Improvement: Identify opportunities for process improvement, innovation, and technology adoption. Encourage a culture of continuous learning and development within the engineering teams.
- Degree or equivalent in Engineering or a related field
- Chartered Engineer status desirable
- Experience in managing large-scale engineering projects.
- Strong leadership, communication, and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent problem-solving and decision-making abilities.
- Proficiency in project management software and engineering tools.
- Knowledge of regulatory requirements and environmental considerations.
- Commitment to safety, quality, and sustainability in engineering practices.
- Salary €80K+
- Company Vehicle/Car Allowance
- Generous contributory pension.
- Health & Life Insurance.
- Continuous Professional Development (CPD).
- Professional membership and subscription fees covered.
- Five-plus weeks annual leave not including bank/public holidays.
- Established in 2004, Alpine Recruitment Group is a dedicated recruitment solutions business with offices in Ireland and the United Kingdom.
- We offer our services in permanent, temporary, contract and executive recruitment.
- We are the partner of choice for leading main contractors, developers, and consultants in Ireland & overseas.
- Our team of consultants with industry backgrounds treat career-seeking candidates with the same high service as our clients.
- We aim to develop authentic business partnerships that extend past the initial recruitment process.