Entered: 25 June 2019
Location – South Dublin/ Wicklow
Reporting to – Project Manager
Contract Type – Permanent Full time
About the role
Glenveagh Properties Plc, a leading Residential Building Company is currently recruiting an experienced Senior Engineer. Reporting to our Project Manager, you will be part of a team which is delivering high quality residential homes.
This role is to be based within one of our apartment projects so strong experience with Reinforced Concrete is a prerequisite.
- Checking plans, drawings and quantities for accuracy of calculations.
- Managing, monitoring and interpreting the contract design documents supplied by the client or architect.
- Liaising with any consultants, subcontractors, supervisors, planners, quantity surveyors and the general workforce involved in the project.
- Liaising with clients and their representatives (architects, engineers and surveyors), including attending regular meetings to keep them informed of progress.
- Supervision and monitoring of ground works and civil engineering contractors
- Supervision and monitoring of concrete frame contractors
- RC frame experience
- Planning the work and efficiently organizing the plant and site facilities in order to meet agreed deadlines
- Resolving any unexpected technical difficulties and other problems that may arise.
- Management and co-ordination of health and safety matters on site.
- Quality management and BCAR co-ordination.
- Degree qualified in Engineering
- 5+ years’ experience as a Site Engineer on construction projects
- RC frame experience with developer and/or contracting background.
- Strong setting out experience- e.g. AutoCad, Total Station, GPS etc.
- IT literate
- Knowledge of latest building regulation and certification standards
- A strong sense of ownership and responsibility for tasks/projects
- Accuracy, attentive to detail, and a methodical nature are key
- The ability to lead, use initiative and be self-motivated
Glenveagh Properties provides employees with an exciting, challenging and rewarding career in a dynamic and rapidly expanding Company. We work to make a team environment that will attract the best people and give them credible reasons to stay and grow their careers with us.