Senior Site Engineer
Entered: 01 Dec 2022
The Senior/Site engineer is responsible for seeing each phase of a particular project through to completion including but not limited to:
- Ensuring Compliance with all aspects of H&S and reporting any information effecting health and safety for any person on a proposed site eg underground services, ground conditions affecting the stability of excavations or safety or operatives (soil, water table, toxic substances, gases, etc.
- Liaise with any consultants, subcontractors, site supervisors, planners, quantity surveyors and the general workforce involved in the project,
- Setting out, levelling and surveying the site in accordance with the Drawings and Specificatio
- Day-to-day management of the site, including supervising and monitoring the site labour force and the work of any subcontractors,
- Liaising with the Project Manager/planner regarding construction programme, programme constraints etc.,
- Resolving technical issues with employer’s representatives, suppliers, subcontractors and statutory authorities,
- Quality control in accordance with company procedures, method statements, quality plans and inspection and test plans,
- Familiar with the Form of Contract on the Project and the implications that any variation or change orders will have on the program and costs, and what implication any overrun will have in relation to costs and manpower
- Analysing Utility drawing & Design Job Pack in advance of visiting site.
- Set up site meetings with relevant stakeholders, Local Authorities, Home Owners, Developers etc.
- Complete Site Visits including GPS pickup
- Markup & issue drawings to Back Office designers noting site constraints , potential service clashes, proposed route, most efficient & cost effective installation.
- Material management & procurement
- Working to a programme deadline
- Monitoring Subcontractor progress & performance
- Setting up PO’s & Subcontracts
- Subcontractor end of Month financial measure sheets
- Site Cost - Labour/Plant/ Materials
- Daily HSQE returns / Site Inductions
- A degree/masters in civil engineering
- A member of the relevant Professional Institution.
- 3-6 + years experience
- Must have full clean Irish/EU driving license
- Relevant experience and performance on similar projects a commitment to carry out the project safely in an environmentally friendly way to support your competency in the role.
- No sponsorship Available