Snr Site Engineer
Entered: 18 Mar 2019
Location: South Side Dublin City Centre
Our client a Top 5 main building contractor has a requirement for a Snr Site Engineer to manage all site engineering works, and manage the progression and completion of the same in conjunction with Engineering and Site Management teams.
We are looking for a skilful Engineer with experience in the management of large scale structures and projects to include piling, steel/ concrete frames, precast elements, formwork frames and curtain walling.
The role will involve the management of all engineering procurement to include the ordering of concrete and site bulk materials. In addition the Snr Site Engineer will also be responsible for the management of subcontractors whilst monitoring their performance on the job. Will also be responsible for supervision, quality and measurement of all concrete pours.
Duties & Accountabilities
- Research and advise on the best engineering solution to meet with a Client’s needs and budget;
- Setting out and checking works as required for the project;
- Managing the sub-contractors and personnel on site in order to drive project through to successful completion on time and within budget, finished to the highest standards. This includes keeping a daily site diary with required information recorded and where all manpower levels for each Sub-Contractor are recorded;
- Overseeing the keeping of the concrete cube register and other relevant quality checks by the Junior Engineer;
- Facilitating the flow of information between the Design Team and the Construction Team;
- Attending weekly management team meetings
- Maintaining, tracking and scheduling the daily and weekly work programmes and reviewing weekly progress reports from the master construction programme
- Assisting with the control of plant and equipment on site
- Organise the delivery of materials, plant and equipment needed for the construction project and supervise labour
- Prepare engineering calculations where required for the design of projects and supervise the drafting
- Degree in Civil Engineering or related discipline
- 5-7 Years proven experience at Senior Level
- Consistent Employment History Displaying Proven Track Record is a must
- Previous Experience on large scale mixed development projects
- Ability to effectively manage site programme and associated schedules to required deadlines
- Excellent Record Keeping skills coupled with the ability to effectively deal with design issues
- Thorough knowledge of computer and database applications such as Windows, Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, Microsoft Project/Powerproject etc.
- Technical competence in the use of all setting out instruments is essential.
Please send cv details to Gerry@kcmrecruitment.ie or call Gerry on 087 2790360
All applications or call will be dealt in confidence
Unfortunately we are unable to assist in obtaining a work visa for Ireland. Therefore, please understand that we can only accept applicants with a valid working visa for Ireland