Experienced Site Manager
Entered: 05 Aug 2020
Experienced Site Manager to Join our Team.
- Site Manager with 5 years’+ experience required to join a leading Building & Civil Engineering Contractor based in Athlone. The company’s main activities include Public & Private Sector contracts including OPW, County Councils, Retail, Commercial, Residential and Education Building and Civil Engineering works.
- The Site manager will oversee a green field Housing Development and handle daily business issues as delegated by the Contracts Manager.
- The successful Site Manager will be based in Athlone.
- This is an ideal role for a Site manager / Engineer wanting to progress their career and relocate to the West/Midlands in a permanent role with a leading main contractor.
- Supporting the Contracts Manager in delivering the project on time, within budget and implemented within the required safety, environmental and quality parameters.
- Liaising with all the workforce involved in the project including direct staff, subcontractors, QS, and consultants & Architects
- Supervision, coordination and Management of subcontractors / site teams
- Plan the daily resourcing and control of site labour and ordering of materials.
- Maintaining the Site Diary – recording manpower levels for each sub-contractor and keeping detailed notes of all site activities.
- Ability to motivate Labourer’s and sub-contractors and provide clear leadership and direction to the site team.
- Monitoring and managing all on-site documentation & records for the contract.
- Reviewing and coordinating construction drawings, specifications and overall Works Requirements
- Facilitating the flow of information between the Design Team and Construction Team
- Responsible for contributing to, managing and implementing the Environmental, Health & Safety management system and culture on the project
- Checking accuracy of quantities, drawings and plans on a daily basis and reporting changes.
- Supplier / Subcontractor quotation enquiries and analysis.
- Setting out
- Resolving and reporting any difficulties that may arise.
- Quality Management on site and collation of information requirements for BCAR
- 3rd level qualification in Civil Engineering / Construction Management or equivalent
- 5+ years of relevant experience as a Site Manager/Engineer
- Ability to read and understand construction drawings.
- Good Residential site experience essential.
- Proficient in Total Stations, MS Word, MS Excel, MS Project and AutoCAD,.
- Strong setting out experience required.
- Highly knowledgeable of latest building regulations and certification standards.
- Good communication skills and a strong sense of ownership and responsibility for tasks/projects.
- Precision, attention to detail and a logical nature are key.
- Excellent salary based on experience
- Excellent package and career progression opportunities
- Permanent position based in Athlone
- If you are a Site Manager looking for your next career move, please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org for a confidential discussion.