SITE MANAGER - BURGESS HILL
Entered: 17 Nov 2018
Our client, a well established residential developer, have been going from strength to strength since their inception over 60 years ago. Their work primarily consists of high spec residential new build timber frame traditionally built houses
They are now keen to appoint an experienced site manager a project in maidsstone comprising of 45 3 and four befroom houses. From here Due to the nature of the work, you must must be comfortable and be able to demonstrate exeperince in new build residential development.
As our client's projects are primarily new build, they are looking for candidates with a strong construction acumen, particularly with taking projects from inception to completion
You must have a valid SMSTS, First Aid and CSCS
This projects makes up part of our clients continued expansion, and as such is a pivitol role. As such, the client is keen to appoint someone with a solid track record on similar projects and unfortunately will not consider freelancers at this time.
For more infromation and to arrange an interview, send me your CV
- Produce, work to and report on the project construction programme.
- Manage the works so that they are completed on time and to the standard required. Arrange for the works to be signed off in line with company QA procedure.
- Organise the workforce so that they are fully occupied, working towards clear objectives and to required standards.
- Organise and liaise with sub contractors with particular reference to meeting their agreed targets/programmes in order to maintain the overall programme for the works.
- Identify critical path items, including information and procurement, that are required to maintain the works programme, scheduling them, sourcing them, ensuring that the Contract Manager and Project Surveyor is informed of any items that need to be put on the procurement schedule where lead times are known.
- Co-ordinate labour requirements including organizing agency labour as and when required.
- Requisition materials from the Buying Dept. Checking their delivery on site, notifying suppliers immediately of any discrepancies/damaged items so that they can be replaced with minimal effect on the works programme.
- Identify snagging items throughout the course of the project and arrange for them to be rectified together with all items brought to his attention by the Contracts Manager, co-ordinating the trades through to completion so that the highest standards are maintained and post-contract snagging is kept to a minimum.