Entered: 24 Aug 2019
Our client are seeking a Bridge Engineer for the Huntingdon area to support the Design Team they have in place in the area. This is a contract role, 5 days per week running till just after Christmas.
This professional services based role will encompass refurbishment, strengthening and new build but will work as part of a larger projects team covering planning, design, construction and project management.
• Inspect and survey existing highway structures.
• Undertake the design and assessment of bridges and other highway structures including the preparation and analysis of structural models.
• Assist in the preparation and detailing of construction drawings and other associated construction documentation such as specifications and health and safety information.
• Prepare concept designs, produce feasibility/options reports or other technical reports and technical approval documentation.
• Work closely with other team members and disciplines, including construction teams, to deliver projects on time and within budget utilising BIM when required.
We're looking for:
• Civil Engineering or related degree to Bachelors or Masters level.
• Ideally working towards Incorporated or Chartered Civil Engineer
• Demonstrable experience in the practical and pragmatic design of bridges, or other large structures including the associated drawing and detailing.
• Proficiency in the use of structural analysis software such as LUSAS and Superstress
• Some knowledge of Highways Agency standards and other design standards, such as Eurocodes is preferred.
If you are interested in this role please send a CV to Stephen.Walsh@icdsuk.com or Call Stephen on 0208 861 7847.
NO CV'S ARE SENT TO CLIENTS WITHOUT PRIOR CONSULTATION AND PERMISSION TO DO SO FROM THE CANDIDATE