Structural/Civil engineer (consultancy exp)
Entered: 19 Oct 2018
Role: Civil/Structural Engineer
As a Chartered/nearly Chartered Engineer, you will be involved in a range of small to large projects - primarily the Bergen Light Rail Depot project amongst other industrial infrastructure projects. You will be required to work autonomously within a growing team carrying out feasibility works, design assessment and strengthening depending upon project requirements.
Summary of Responsibilities
- Work on a range of commissions, ranging from inspection and assessment work to feasibility studies.
- Engineering refurbishment and replacement schemes
- Engineering design on new build projects.
- Responsibility for all aspects of assigned project work.
- Engineering refurbishment and replacement schemes -Engineering design on new build projects.
- Leading design teams throughout all phases of the project, from bidding to completion
- 5yrs experience and either chartered, or approaching chartership.
- Hands on experience of designing to British Standards and Eurocodes in steel and concrete.
- Will have general civil experience (external works on industrial sites such as concrete pavement, drainage, foundations)
- Experience of preparing detailed construction drawings/sketches including reinforcement detailing
- Structural experience in buildings (up to 4 or 5 storey steel or concrete structures)
- Experience working in or with a multi-disciplinary design consultancy.
- Capability to work to deadlines and work autonomously when required.
- Experience of working in UK / European engineering with involvement in the full project lifecycle, including budget/finance control.
This is an excellent opportunity to join one of Europe’s largest consultancies. If interested please forward your cv to firstname.lastname@example.org