Town Planner / Land Development with Developer
Entered: 24 Nov 2020
Town Planner / Planning and Development Coordinator (Developer)
City Centre (beside Tara St dart station)
ICDS have a vacancy with one of Ireland's longstanding and highly reputable developers who are based in Dublin 2 but moving to new offices beside Tara St Dart station next month. They are a family owned company, very professional but with a relaxed work environment and one of the larger developers in Leinster. They have been in operation for circa 40yrs and have a good mix of housing, apartments, retail and some very large office developments currently, incl one of the largest office projects in Dublin.
They are looking to expand their Land Development team and are looking for a Town Planner / Planning and Development Coordinator or Architect with 4 / 5yrs experience in this area, who will report to the Planning and Development Manager. They view this critical role as a solid and recession proof position with them due to their intention to purchase land banks at a discounted price if a downturn arises in the future, as they have done previously.
Outline of role:
- To work in the development land team to manage existing lands and progress sites for development.
- To work on projects which may include residential, commercial and / or infrastructure planning.
- To appoint design teams on assigned projects, set up and manage the budgets and payments (with finance team).
- To organise and hold design team meetings, issue minutes and follow up on actions, to progress projects in line with agreed sites strategy and timelines.
- To liaise with internal and external stakeholders as required to produce deliverable, cost efficient plans that meet all requirements.
- To deal with a variety of items that may arise relating to the lands and progressing development.
- To report on project progress regularly and keep up to date records.
Ideal candidate attributes:
- A good understanding and experience of development and planning process.
- Good organisation and time management skills.
- Strong communication skills, and excellent interpersonal skills with ability to lead and motivate design teams and work well within an internal team.
- Enthusiastic and eager to develop skills and knowledge.
- Attention to detail in reviewing plans, costs and reporting.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and a variety tasks at once.