Architectural Technologist - Data Standards
Entered: 24 Mar 2019
Our client are currently seeking to expand their design team by hiring a Architectural Technologist on a permanent basis in Newark. This is a full-time permanent position.
The primary role of the Architectural Technologist (Data Standards) is to produce project specific Bills of Material from AutoDesk Revit project models to allow efficient and timely procurement of materials for manufacturing.
The Architectural Technologist (Data Standards) will facilitate this process by creating standard product families in Revit that include essential procurement data.
The Architectural Technologist (Data Standards) should:
- Be qualified to HND/HNC Level.
- Be competent in the use of AutoDesk Revit including the production of item families.
- Have experience working within a design role in a construction or manufacturing business.
- Be capable of managing workload to meet assigned deadlines, and to report back to the Head of Technical in relation to design programme progress.
The Architectural Technologist (Data Standards) will:
- Be responsible for the creation of Revit families for standard products and details for use by the wider design team
- Liaise with procurement and production to ensure embedded Revit family data meets the downstream needs of the process
- Liaise with the wider design team to ensure design requirements and the graphical format of Revit families meet the needs of the BIM and clash detection protocols.
- Ensure that complete Bills of Material are produced (per module) to programme for each project in a format that requires minimal processing by the purchasing team.
- The production of project Bills of Material should be automated as far as possible using appropriate software tools. Manual Bills of Material creation will be necessary until automation is achieved.
- Liaise with production and site teams to identify where materials will be consumed and structure the Bill of Material accordingly.
- Liaise with the Technical Document Controller to ensure revision control of Bill of Material is synchronised with other issued documents.
- Carry out design activity in line with the requirements of the ISO 9001 Quality Management System and maintain appropriate paperwork records.
- Provide such programme updates and reports to Project Design Managers as are deemed required through the project life to allow coordination.
If you are interested in this role please send a CV to Stephen.Walsh@icdsuk.com or Call Stephen on 0208 861 7847.
NO CV'S ARE SENT TO CLIENTS WITHOUT PRIOR CONSULTATION AND PERMISSION TO DO SO FROM THE CANDIDATE