Document Controller, Dublin
Entered: 17 Aug 2019
Job Title Document Controller
Business Unit Data Centre Construction Team
Based Data Centre Office, Dublin City Centre
PURPOSE OF THE JOB
As a Data Center Document Controller, you will develop, document and administer the best practices, standards, and process for the documents produced during new-build and retrofit data center construction projects. You will ensure that internal and external partners adhere to DCD standards and processes. Ultimately, you will be the gate keeper of important submittals pertain to the design/construction process: building managementsystem, telecommunication pathways, mechanical, electrical and architectural elements.
Based in Dublin, you will join The Data Center Design (DCD) team and become part of the Europe team. These data centers are the foundation upon which rapidly growing infrastructure operates and innovative services are delivered as our client continues their mission to build community and bring the world closer together. The documents that the DCD team produces are critical to the design, construction and operation of these data centers. This position is located in the Dublin office and there maybe occasional travel to their Data Centers.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Maintain the as-built and record drawing files and control logs as required by the project
• Manage update of all retrofit approved changes, this may include but not limited to updating architectural, mechanical, electrical, plumbing, BMS and telecommunication pathway drawings.
• Maintain the file repositories and folder structure for design and construction administration documentation
• Coordinate all activities related to the Data Centre Design document control, including but not limited to submittals, specifications, deliverables, cost, schedule, drawings/models in both electronic and hard copy
• Design and construction kickoff meetings
• Assist in creation, maintain and update of drawing standards, BIM Execution Plan, file repositories, folder structure, workflow, process, etc.
• Ensure that copies of latest approved documents and drawings are given to the appropriate stakeholder for review and approval
• Assist in innovating design-construction technology
• Support geographically and operationally diverse team of engineering, operations, finance, quality, etc.
• Lead training and education sessions for internal and external partners
• Travel to datacentre sites for project review, facility audits, as-built validation as required
• Experience in design/construction document control
• Experience in large scale buildings and records management
• Large scale critical infrastructure and/or data centre design and construction experience (desirable)
• Knowledge of engineering drawing and records management practices and procedures. Having CAD and/or BIM/Revit experience is a plus
• Knowledge of design/construction disciplines like BMS, civil, mechanical, electrical, architectural and telecommunication. Project management/engineer experience is a plus
• Familiar with construction administration process - RFI, ASI, CCD, cost, specifications, etc.
• Ability to keep clear and accurate records and reports
• Some experience with virtual reality (VR)/alternate reality (AR) applications within construction is a plus
• Must be detailed oriented, have excellent organizational skills and have the ability to multi-task
• Motivated self-starter who is in charge of initiatives remotely
• Forward thinker with keen business senses
• Great communicator with interpersonal skills
• Communicate across diverse geographical and time zones
Send your CV and a detailed summary of your relevant experience.