Design Manager - Construction
Entered: 17 Feb 2019
Our client have an opportunity for an experienced design manager to join their team on an incredible research and development facility they are constructing that will become a global leader.
Based in Cambridge you will lead and facilitate the progression of the design in an open and transparent manner to help guide the work package process to conclusion within the stated objectives of each work package with regards to construction cost, buildability, program and quality.
Working alongside a prestigious architectural consultancy you will act as the primary interface between design, construction and cost workstreams.
- Act as liaison and interface between Designers and Delivery teams
- Understand, prioritise and mediate between conflicting package roles, requirements and deliverables. Escalate to the Employer as necessary.
- Identify and agree Package Interfaces and work package ownership (with the help of the package team)
- Identify and assist in the notification to the Employer of design and sequencing discrepancies between packages (with the help of the package team)
- Organise supply chain interaction with the design team
- Encourage discussions and agreement on supply chain input. Record and track agreements made
- Coordinate with other Package Design Managers, review and amend where necessary delivery programme including coordination and package meetings to avoid inefficiencies. Make best use of design teams time and co-location status
We’re Looking for:
- Educated to HNC or degree level
- Likely to hold relevant professional qualification in Civil, Construction or Architecture.
- Experience of working as a project based design manager
- Knowledge of and experience in supporting Concept design information and design intent at Stage 3 of the programme.
- Knowledge of and experience in promoting compliance with Cost plan requirements.
- Experience of working on large build projects.
If you are interested in this role please send a CV to Stephen.Walsh@icdsuk.com or Call Stephen on 0208 861 7847.
NO CV'S ARE SENT TO CLIENTS WITHOUT PRIOR CONSULTATION AND PERMISSION TO DO SO FROM THE CANDIDATE