Entered: 22 May 2022
You will manage all aspects of the Lighting/Electrical Design process for Public lighting installations.
You’ll take ownership of the design, on-site survey works for column replacement or new lighting schemes which include assessing suitable column positions and the preparation of drawings, risk assessments and Quality management.
What do I need?
To be considered for this role, we would love you to have:
• Working knowledge of AutoCAD, Lighting Reality, cable calculations software, general office applications and appropriate Company systems
• Understanding of lighting products on the market with attention to lantern distribution and energy performance
• Strong technical knowledge of Electrical theory, lighting theory, lighting standards and lighting design techniques
• An ability to provide cost benefit analysis reports to our customers and the business and provide advice as to what product provides AUS with competitive advantage
• Good organisational skills
• Work independently incorporating short notice changes and demands
• A systematic, disciplined and analytical approach to problem solving
• Excellent verbal & written communication skills
• Team player (share information; work for common good)
• Demonstrate a keen interest in lighting with CPD (Continual Professional Development) records & ILP membership (Institute of Lighting Professionals)
• ILP Exterior Lighting Diploma or completion of similar recognised Lighting Design courses
• An understanding of Electricity at Work Regulations and IEE Wiring Regulations
• Experience of site surveying
• Experience with National wiring rules, Electrical wiring regulations, BS 5489 , Cable calculations, CIBSE lighting design requirements
The ideal candidate will be based in Cork however flexible working conditions are considered.
Please apply with your CV below or contact Bobby on 087-916 0169.
If this position isn't for you but you would like to discuss our other vacancies then feel free to get in touch or to suggest a colleague for the position as we have an attractive referral policy.