Design Manager (Structural)
Entered: 29 Nov 2020
Design Manager (Structural) | North Midlands| €Neg + Package
Our client, a Tier 1 construction designer/supplier, with interests in Ireland & UK, require an experienced Structural Engineer a new Design & Technical Manager role within the 'offsite' construction division based in the North Midlands.
They design, manufacture, supply and fit ‘innovative’ building solutions, previous experience of precast, concrete frame, cladding, curtain walling, modular or other ‘off-site’ sectors would be advantageous.
You will be an integral member of the ‘senior management team’, reporting to the MD, with full responsibility for the Design Office (Structural Engineers and Technicians). Expert knowledge of BIM, Revit and other packages including such as SCIA, Civil 3D, Tekla or similar.
- Review and monitor the Clients design proposals and lead the design process from conceptual and final design to approval stage.
- Monitor, manage and approve design changes in conjunction with production, installation, and commercial teams, ensuring programme and cost effects are agreed.
- Liaise with procurement department / manufacturing functions to ensure that necessary materials are procured on time and within budgets.
- Responsible for leading and developing technical and engineering support in relation to current and new products/systems development.
- Degree qualified in Structural Engineering or Architecture, with a minimum of 7 years post graduate and proven design experience is essential.
- Structural engineering design of precast or off-site construction would be an advantage.
- Commercial awareness and client interfacing experience is essential.
- Travel within Ireland and ‘occasionally’ the UK.
Email: Barry Kelly… firstname.lastname@example.org or call 086-232-5706 for more info.