Finance and Accounting Manager
Entered: 19 Aug 2022
O’Neill & Brennan are currently recruiting for a Finance and Accounting Manager for our Client, a well-known international company with various ongoing projects across Ireland and Europe.
This is a North Dublin based role and the successful candidate will be involved in structuring, developing and controlling the finance and accounting management in compliance with the Region and Company corporate requirements.
Finance and Accounting Manager Responsibilities include:
- Process accounting transactions and maintain general and subsidiary ledgers, accounts payable, accounts receivable, cash, etc.
- Produce and ensure adherence to Company and Project’s policies and processes in payment approvals.
- Promote consistent awareness and follow up on all possible liabilities to ensure the financial compliance of the company.
- Ensure that accounting records are maintained in accordance with accepted policies and procedures.
- Work with all departments to produce an accurate and timely month?end accounting closing for multiple projects.
- Report monthly progress to the Company and the Project management, and to the Parent Company.
- Perform Company and project cost forecast/budgets, cost tracking, monitoring and controls.
- Manage bank account: payments, monthly reconciliations.
- Produce regular and monthly cash flow forecasting.
- Master the company´s costs and accounting software COINS to meet the current demands of the company.
- Complete and file all statutory VAT and Tax returns.
- Oversee and maintain required hard and soft copy files of crucial account information for compliance purposes and audits, internal or external.
- Liaise with auditors, internal and external, to ensure appropriate monitoring of company and projects finances are maintained.
- Monthly project/JV P&L accounts
- Management accounts
- Fleet agreements
- Office lease agreements
- Insurance policies and payments
- Company returns
- Leading and preparing the annual financial statements that will be subject to audit.
Finance and Accounting Manager Requirements include:
- 5?8 years’ experience in the engineering, infrastructure sector in Ireland.
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience in working on a project site.
- Experience working with a medium?large Irish based company.
- BS/MA degree in Finance, or Accounting.
- Professional qualification such as CFA/CPA or similar will be considered a plus.
- Proficient user of ERP accounting package COINS and MS Office software.
- Strong interpersonal, communication and presentation skills.
- Analytically minded with strong attention to detail.
- Ability to exhibit a high level of confidentiality.
- Must be able to identify and resolve problems in a timely manner.
- Must be able to gather and analyse information skilfully.
- Eligible to work in Ireland/EU
- Proficiency in English; Spanish will be considered a plus.
- Flexible and highly capable to working within a diverse, multi?cultural environments.
- Extremely pro?active, self?driven and enthusiastic.
- Excellent organisational skills.
- Ability to meet strict company deadlines.
If you are interested in this role, please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or call Lorcan on 087 920 0905 for a confidential conversation.