Entered: 03 Dec 2021
The BER Assessors will be required to complete domestic surveys, BER assessments and Inspections for a nationwide project – the SEAI Warmer Homes Scheme.
Ideally, the candidate should already be a SEAI fully registered domestic BER Assessor, active and carrying out BERs within the last 12 months. We will consider candidates that have completed the BER course and are eligible to register with SEAI.
The work will involve both practical and theoretical elements, significant "hands-on" skills will be required.
The successful candidate should be self-motivated and enthusiastic, with the ability to work on a team and on own initiative essential.
- The completion of pre-works surveys for properties under the Warmer Homes Scheme.
- Completion of BER assessments of existing dwellings in line with the Sustainable Energy Authority of Ireland Code of Practice for Building Energy Rating (BER) Assessors and Display Energy Certificates (DEC) Assessors.
- Required to assess the quality of work completed to the property
- Required to verify the quantity of materials installed in the property.
- Full training will be provided on the survey and inspection process.
- The BER Assessor must have completed Fetac Level 6 course – BER Rating of Dwellings and must be either registered with the SEAI as a BER Assessor / eligible to register with the SEAI.
- Full Driving License
- A minimum of 2 years relevant experience
- Excellent knowledge of the materials of construction and building services
- A high level of attention to detail and commitment to quality
- Good verbal, written and customer engagement skills
- Flexibility and drive to complete work assignments to committed deadlines
- Capacity to handle a high volume of workload and complete in an accurate manner
- Construction trade or a 3rd Level Qualification in a Building Construction related discipline: Architecture; Architectural Technology; Engineering; Quantity Surveying.