Entered: 13 May 2021
This position is based in Cork with occasional travel to sites outside Co Cork.
The person hired for this role will be able to work from home when not carrying out site inspections (approximately 20% of the time)
The Building Inspector will be responsible for managing their own diary.
Working hours: 9am to 5pm
Continuing professional development and further education in the building control/ regulations, building services and insurance sectors will be encouraged and are required in order to satisfy regulatory requirements.
- You should have solid experience in residential construction and possess a broad working knowledge of the Building Regulations (design, workmanship, specifications and materials)
- Good working knowledge of the Building Control Regulations.
- Level 7 or Level 8 Degree in Civil/Structural Engineering
- Must possess excellent administration, communication, time management skills;
- Strong analytical, decision making & problem-solving skills
- Good interpersonal and team working skills,
- Proficiency with AutoCAD; MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint
- Ability to develop, direct and manage workflow processes and procedures.
- The ideal person will be a member of a Professional Body and will have a flexible approach to work.
For more information about this Building Inspector position, please contact Michael Boyce on 083 4071301 or apply in confidence.