Senior Design Engineer (Mechanical)
Entered: 27 Sept 2022
Status: Permanent position
Salary: circa 60K - 65K+ 10 percent bonus per annum plus health, pension, education assistance.
Our client is seeking to recruit a Senior Design Engineer (Mechanical) for an immediate position based in Kilkenny within a multi-disciplinary design environment. This role will be focused on producing detailed designs for the development of water and wastewater treatment plants, sludge treatment and pumping stations in both municipal and industrial sectors.
- Providing working design solutions to technical problems, involving equipment selection and specifications, hydraulic design, plant layouts, P and IDs etc.
- Receive the Clients brief/remit formulate the scope of works and develop the design.
- Coordinate members of the design team to ensure the timely delivery of information, checking the work of other members of staff and providing assistance to their continued learning and development.
- Undertake calculations using design software but also by hand as required.
- Ensuring that all Project Documentation is managed according to the requirements of then Project Quality Plan and project specific requirements.
- Problem solving and application of good engineering principles.
- Understanding and ensuring compliance with Clients Specifications, User Requirement, Specifications, Health and Safety Requirements, Company Quality requirements, Company Policy, legislation, design standards and good engineering practice
- Honours Degree in Engineering - Mechanical Engineering.
- 7+ years post graduate design experience in a similar position and environment.
- Knowledge of water and wastewater treatment industry.
- Competent user of relevant design software packages
- Experience in using 2D and 3D modelling software applications.
- Strong organisational and time management skills
- Willingness to lead by example, with a strong attention to detail and accuracy.
- Be technically minded with a proven ability to problem solve in a mechanical design engineering environment.
- Self-sustaining engineer with ability to effectively work as part of a team and on own initiative.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Analytical and visionary mind-set.
Please reply (in strict confidence) with up to date CV.