Data Center Engineering Operations Facility Manager
Entered: 02 Feb 2023
The Data Centre DCEO Operations Facility Manager, with be responsible for data center engineering operations within an Amazon Data Center including risk management and mitigation, corrective and preventative maintenance of critical infrastructure, vendor management and metric reporting.
- Responsible for the on-site management of shift technicians, senior shift technicians, sub-contractors and vendors, ensuring that all work performed is in accordance with established practices and procedures
- Has primary responsibility for availability zone of Data Centers (2-4 locations)
- Participates in strategic planning projects
- May oversee the build out of Facility-specific infrastructure in existing locations
- Participates in recruiting efforts
- Is active in the training and/or development of others
- Uses business knowledge to set priorities and develop project plans
- Has a deep understanding of best practices in their area of expertise and ensures their application
- Operate and manage both routine and emergency services on a variety of critical systems such as: switchgear, generators, UPS systems, power distribution equipment, chillers, cooling towers, computer room air handlers, building monitoring systems, etc.
- May assist in the design and build out of new facilities
- May assist in projects to increase current facility efficiency
- Responsible for asset and inventory management
- Bachelor’s Degree or Technical (Military/ Trade School) Degree and relevant experience.
- 4+ years of relevant work experience.
- 2+ years of management experience.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong leadership and organizational skills.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Ability to prioritize in complex, fast-paced environment.
- 2+ years of Data Center Engineering Experience
- 2+ years of Management Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or relevant discipline.
- Fundamental knowledge of network design and layout as well as low voltage (copper/ fiber) cabling
Apply to the below link if interested-