Entered: 20 Sept 2019
The Site Engineer will be responsible for assisting the construction management team in the on-site control of the building elements of projects, the Site Engineer’s duties include but are not limited to:
- Setting out, levelling and quality control, including concrete quality through cube sampling, slump testing, etc.
- Checks shuttering, steel and other dimensions prior to concrete pours and maintains materials reconciliation files.
- Record keeping of all site activities, maintaining a site diary, uploading material to the DMS, etc.
- Supervision of other directly employed and subcontractor personnel engaged in various elements of the construction project.
- Adheres strictly to the health and safety, environmental, quality and other on-site policies and procedures.
The successful candidate will have:
- An appropriate Engineering Degree Qualification
- Will ideally have a minimum of three years engineering experience with a building contractor
- Excellent IT skills, together with a sound working knowledge of surveying instruments and equipment, is expected
- Competency in setting-out using Robotic Total Station and or GPS is an advantage
- Will be Health & Safety conscious
- Strong Attention to detail,
- Strong interpersonal skills and communication skills to work as part of a team.
Self starters and problem solvers with the ability to work well in teams can expect to enjoy career advancement opportunities within a relatively short timeframe.
An attractive rewards package, including car allowance, pension scheme, professional subscriptions and other benefits, including opportunities for additional responsibility and career development, will be available to the successful candidate.
If you are interested in this position, please contact Bobby on 087 916 0169 or submit your updated CV below. Job Reference Number: WPC580.