Safety Officer - M&E
Entered: 18 Jan 2019
Our client is currently seeking a Health & Safety Officer for a project based in the Netherlands. This is a full-time permanent position.
The safety officer will be responsible for advising on overall compliance in matters of health and safety in accordance with company policy and relevant statutory provisions.
- Monitor safety performance and advise on compliance with our health, safety and welfare policies and the company safety management system.
- Develop safety documents in conjunction with the site forepersons/ site agent/project manager.
- Conduct regular formal site audits and carry out inspections as directed in the safety management system.
- Communicate the findings of the audits to site management and assist in the closure of issues in line with company policy.
- Ensure the delivery of health and safety inductions for all new employees or contractors working on site.
- Ensure sub-contractor safety documents are produced and available on site, relevant and in accordance with best practice and current legislation.
- Advise/assist the site/project management team in drafting and communicating method statements for high risk activities.
- Support the site management in ensuring the records of statutory inspections are kept for all activities and plant equipment.
- Assist in incident/accident investigation reporting and filing Accompany (when on site) any Inspector from the HSA on a site inspection.
- Advise on personal protection equipment required by employees.
- Serve as representative at site meetings when requested.
- Organise and chair the site safety meetings in conjunction with senior site management.
- Manage the tool box schedule for the project including attendance records.
- Compile and communicate site emergency plans in conjunction with the site management team.
- Advise site management on the first aid requirements for each project.
- Give advice to site management on training requirements for each project.
- Inform and assist site management on the preparation of the safety file for handover to the client at the end of the project.
- Comply with company policy on matters of confidentiality and disclosure of information.
- Furnish safety reports to head office as required.
- Comply with other reasonable request from senior management on matters of safety not to the detriment of the core duties.
- Ensure compliance and promote good work practices in relation to health, safety and welfare management system.
- Must have at least 3-5 years experience in a similar role in the construction industry.
- The ideal candidate will possess excellent communication and organisational skills and be willing to work as part of a team.
- Effective time management skills
- Strong report writing skills and the ability to solve problems
- The ideal candidate will be an instructor in manual handling, abrasive wheel and safety harness
If you are interested in this role please send a CV to Stephen.Walsh@icdsuk.com or Call Stephen on 0044208 861 7847.
NO CV'S ARE SENT TO CLIENTS WITHOUT PRIOR CONSULTATION AND PERMISSION TO DO SO FROM THE CANDIDATE