Building Projects Engineer - Retail Operations
Entered: 11 Nov 2019
This is an exciting opportunity for the right candidate to excel by working in the commercial front of a growing business. The successful candidate will be a confident people person who can fit in seamlessly and adopt a hands-on approach to their role.
This role will report directly to the Services Manager, Retail Operations, ROI.
• Ensure that construction/refurbishment/contract transition projects, including implementation of new equipment and processes, are planned, directed and monitored.
• Manage and execute projects from concept through to completion including managing consultants and contractors. The projects are in the retail petroleum sector and are located throughout Ireland.
• Ensure projects are executed in accordance with Dangerous Substances Regulations and all other relevant legislation, requirements and standards including Planning and Development Act, etc.
• Organising and managing contractors carrying out maintenance and repairs.
• Provide timely reports on all planned and reactive works as and when required.
• Ensure working practices are safe and comply with legislation.
• Constantly identifying and creating ways to improve efficiency across all facilities related services.
• Ensure all facilities activities and requests are tracked and resolved in a timely manner.
• The supervision of all contractors works, valuations and measurement of works.
• Ensure compliance with statutory legislation and internal policies and procedures, particularly those related to quality, environmental, health and safety.
• Keep up to date with new legislation and maintain a working knowledge of all and any developments that affect the employer’s industry.
• Produce management reports.
• Advise on a range of specialist areas, appropriate to the Forecourt/Catering/ Retail Industry.
An engineering qualification with a minimum of 2 years Post Qualification Experience.
Experience & Skills
The successful candidate will have:
• Facilities Management experience in a commercially focused role, with proven experience in a fast-paced working environment.
• The ability to balance multiple priorities, delivering to tight deadlines through the consideration of risk, importance and level of urgency.
• An ability to identify and resolve problems in a timely manner through the skilful gathering and analysis of information.
• Strong IT skills including advanced use of Excel, Microsoft Word and PowerPoint.
• Establishing Focus: The ability to develop and communicate goals in support of the business’ mission.
• Analytical Thinking: The ability to tackle a problem by using a logical, systematic, sequential approach
• Diagnostic Information Gathering: The ability to identify the information needed to clarify a situation, seek that information from appropriate sources, and use skilful questioning to draw out the information
• Fostering Innovation: The ability to develop, sponsor, or support the introduction of new and improved method, products, procedures, or technologies.
• Forward Thinking: The ability to anticipate the implications and consequences of situations and take appropriate action to be prepared for possible contingencies
• Technical Expertise: The ability to demonstrate depth of knowledge and skill in engineering and facilities management.
• Thoroughness: Ensuring that one’s own and others’ work and information are complete and accurate; carefully preparing for meetings and presentations; following up with others to ensure that agreements and commitments have been fulfilled
• Personal Credibility: Demonstrated concern that one be perceived as responsible, reliable, and trustworthy
Salary + Work From Home* + Car/Van + Fuel Card + Pension (5% after 1yr) + Staff Discount Card 25%
If you are interested in this role please send a CV to Stephen.Walsh@icdsuk.com or Call Stephen on 0208 861 7847.
NO CV'S ARE SENT TO CLIENTS WITHOUT PRIOR CONSULTATION AND PERMISSION TO DO SO FROM THE CANDIDATE