Senior Mechanical Design Engineer
Entered: 08 Aug 2022
Euro Executive Recruitment has been retained by one of Ireland’s largest multi-disciplinary consultancies to recruit a Senior Mechanical Design Engineer for a role based in this client’s Cork headquarters. Our client who are a leading Irish consultancy work mostly in sectors such as Healthcare, commercial and education projects across the Country.
Competitive salary on offer.
- Leading in the delivery of project detailed design and documentation, as required, including assisting with the production of technical, and related reports
- Managing the H&S system relevant to work area
- Participating in work activities which support the Quality Management system
- Ensuring 90% achievement in due date delivery of service
- Checking project documentation, drawings and calculations, as required
- Co-ordinating project engineering design activities with little supervision
- Directing junior staff in the completion of detailed design calculations
- Ensuring all design calculations are in accordance with the requirements of the clients QA system
- Carrying out site surveys and attend site meetings
- Co-ordinating services drawings
- Leading the compilation of detailed specifications and tender documentation
- Producing detailed services budgets (construction costs)
- Ensuring an understanding of project management objectives
- Following defined goals
- Following training plans
- Maintaining CPD
- Meeting appraisal goals.
- Degree qualified (Level 8) with 6 years minimum post graduate experience
- Hold a good knowledge of practical design in Building Services, including Commercial, Industrial and Healthcare projects
- Be motivated and capable of directing activities of junior staff
- Take responsibility for delivering good quality engineering designs across a range of projects
- Highly motivated with a successful track record in project and service delivery
- A good knowledge of Mechanical Engineering within the Commercial, Industrial and Healthcare Industries (is desirable)
- Office based design ability, from proposal through to project completion
- Basic understanding of specific building services design tools, such as AutoCAD, Revit, HEVACOMP and similar.
For more information on this role please contact Darren O'Keeffe or to apply, click 'Apply Now'