Entered: 14 Nov 2018
Our client are a multinational engineering contractor with offices in Ireland, currently looking to hire a Project Scheduler on a permanent basis in Dublin.
The Planning & Scheduling Engineer is responsible for implementing Company policies, systems and procedures. The Planning & Scheduling Engineer is responsible for Plans and production schedules. Draws up master/discipline schedule to establish sequence and lead time of each operation to meet client master schedule. Updates client through nominated software. Analyzes production specifications and construction data and performs mathematical calculations to determine material, tools, and human resource requirements for the schedule. Plans and schedules workflow for each operation according to previously established client sequences and lead times.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES & ACCOUNTABILITIES:
- Ability to develop and update a schedule.
- Awareness of to read plans, specs, and contracts to determine just what all stakeholders expect of the schedule.
- Account for and record delays to the schedule and to analyze the impacts of those delays.
- Ability ways to accelerate and sequence the project that will have little cost implications.
- Efficient in use of scheduling software programs and the flow of work.
- Create the plan and figures out how build the project in the most efficient manner
- Present plan to management for their review, comments, and approval.
- Aware of all steps needed in the design process, the permitting process, the development/release/award of bid packages, the tracking of long lead procurement items and material, the actual construction of the project, and finally the steps need to commission and closeout the project.
- Full understanding of the physical parameters, codes, laws, customs, and neighbors of where the project is going to be constructed.
- Ability to read and understand the contract in place.
If you are interested in this role please send a CV to Stephen.Walsh@icdsuk.com or Call Stephen on 0208 861 7847.
NO CV'S ARE SENT TO CLIENTS WITHOUT PRIOR CONSULTATION AND PERMISSION TO DO SO FROM THE CANDIDATE