Entered: 19 Aug 2022
As part the Government’s Climate Action Plan and the objective to retrofit approx. 500,000 homes, Our client is looking for a Technical Executive to join their team.
As a member of our Technical staff you will be responsible for providing technical and administrative support during the day-to-day running of the SEAI (Sustainable Energy Authority of Ireland) domestic grant schemes. You will be required to liaise with all stakeholders including contractors, applicants, members of the public and SEAI in relation to technical queries around the heating, insulation and retrofitting industry.
The work will involve both practical and theoretical elements, significant ‘hands-on’ technical understanding and experience will be required.
This is an exciting opportunity for a candidate looking to move from field work to an office-based environment. Full training will be provided on the role.
The successful candidate should be self-motivated and enthusiastic, with an ability to work on their own and as part of a team.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Making decisions on appeals
- Processing of reworks
- Taking technical calls relating to inspections and clarification of queries for contractors
- Taking technical calls from applicants and members of the public
- Advising inspectors on changes to the scheme rules, building regulations etc.
- Background in construction/retrofit industry with site experience
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Office
The successful candidate will most likely have the following skills and competencies:
- A minimum of 2 years relevant experience.
- Construction trade e.g. plumbing, electrical.
- Gas and or OFTEC qualifications.
- Experience in solar thermal, solar PV and heat pumps.
- Foreman / supervisory experience.
- Excellent knowledge of the materials of construction and building services.
- Strong computer skills.
- Good verbal, written and customer engagement skills.
Additionally, candidates would have one or more of the following qualifications
Construction trade or a 3rd Level Qualification in a Building Construction related discipline i.e.
Architectural Technology, Building Surveying, Engineering.