Operational Purchaser, Co. Kerry
Entered: 12 Dec 2019
Euro Executive Recruitment has been retained to recruit an Operational Purchaser for a leading manufacturing company based in Killarney, Co. Kerry. The ideal candidate is a highly motivated self-starter, dependable, thorough and can manage multiple tasks simultaneously. The successful individual must have strong interpersonal, communication and presentation skills and well developed influencing skills, with a proven ability to build, manage and maintain relationships at all levels. Must possess excellent planning, scheduling, negotiating and organisational skills. The successful candidate must have a proven record of strong attention to detail as well as excellent reporting skills.
Key Elements of the Role:
• Analysing and optimizing the Supply Chain.
• Material planning.
• Material, subcontract and service purchase and follow up.
• General administration of all relevant processes, e.g. purchase orders, subcontract operations, sales orders, receipting, invoicing, stock adjustments, etc.
• Liaising with suppliers, and visiting supplier facilities as necessary.
• Working with all involved internal and external parties.
• All other duties within the Purchasing Department.
• Optimising inventory levels.
• Processing complaints.
Qualifications and Experience:
• Minimum of 3 years’ experience required in a purchasing role.
• A recognised qualification in a related discipline.
• Experience in Engineering / Manufacturing environments is a distinct advantage
• Strong Negotiation, analytics and organisational skills.
• Strong IT skills (Word, Excel, etc.) is essential
• Advanced skills with formulas and complex financial spreadsheets in MS Excel.
• Experience of material planning and warranty management with an ERP system (especially BAAN) knowledge would be an advantage.
Contact Owen Twomey on 085 866 9484, alternatively email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org