Purchaser (Senior) | Construction
Entered: 03 Dec 2021
Senior Purchaser | Dublin | €Neg + Car + Pension + Bonus + Benefits
You will carry out the day-to-day operations of the purchasing department. The successful candidate will be able to perform strategic procurement of construction materials, continually search for better deals and find more profitable suppliers.
Roles / Responsibilities:
- Liaise with site management and quantity surveyors on material and plant requirements.
- Issue requests for prices with suppliers as well as follow up on price requisitions as requested
- Prepare quotation analysis
- Negotiating prices with suppliers
- Seek and partner with reliable vendors and suppliers
- Place orders with agreed suppliers and ensure the prompt delivery of these orders
- Craft negotiation strategies and close deals with optimal terms
- Partner with stakeholders to ensure clear requirements
- Forecast price and market trends to identify changes of balance in buyer-supplier power
- Assess, manage and mitigate risks
- Determine quantity and timing of deliveries
- Monitor and forecast upcoming levels of demand
- Check invoices for accuracy against purchase orders
- Perform administrative duties to the specified standard and within the time frame required by the purchasing department.
- Must be flexible to participate in other duties as required by the department.
- Ambitious & enthusiastic
- Minimum of 7 years experience in construction industry
- Strong negotiating skills
- Good knowledge of supply of construction materials
- Work to achieve cost savings & challenge price increases
- Manage procurement activities for several sites
- Work to maintain good supplier relationships
- Assist in resolving invoice issues
- Microsoft Office skills essential
- Able to work on own initiative, or as part of a team
- Solid judgement along with decision making skills
- Highly skilled in communicating with site personnel, suppliers, and relevant internal departments
Contact Barry Kelly firstname.lastname@example.org 086-232-5706 for a confidential discussion.
More options at www.icds.ie/recruit