Refrigeration & Air Conditioning Technical Supervisor
Entered: 03 Dec 2021
Role – Technical Supervisor
1. Reporting Line – The Technical Supervisor will report to the Director of Operations
2. Direct Reports – Between 7 and 15 engineers (Qualified technicians and apprentices).
3. Location – MidWest based supporting our local and national clients.
4. Status – Full time contract pending 6 months probationary period
5. 40 hours a week
6. Accountability - Day to day management of the Engineering Team and subcontractor for the delivery of Technical Services on site.
7. Primary function will be to ensure all technical tasks, (Commissioning, PPM task, reactive/corrective tasks, projects) are completed for customers in a safe, efficiently and effectively manner by the technician team or subcontractor.
8. Act as the customer interface on the ground, providing feedback to the customer including reports.
9. As part of the business team, you will be expected to hold the integrity and reputation of the business in the highest regard.
- Ensure the smooth execution of day to day technical services (Technician Team and Sub-contractors) through the delivery of world class customer service levels delivered to the highest level of compliance, safety and quality standards.
- Ensure all health, safety and environmental requirements are fulfilled prior to work commencement. Ensure all works activities are carried out within agreed timelines, while ensuring safe systems of work (RA, MS, SPA and Permits) are adhered to.
- Drive the Technician team and subcontractors to meet and exceed against measurable targets, SLAs and KPIs.
- Responsible for all technician team HR matters, from recruitment, onboarding, training, development, appraisal, performance management and disciplinary processes.
- Ensure customer-centric service while meeting the commercial commitments of installation and maintenance contracts.
- Proactively developing customer relationships by making efforts to listen to and understand the customer (internal and external). Demonstrates a diplomatic personal style in addressing customer needs.
- Work effectively with team/work group to accomplish goals. Taking actions that respect the needs of others.
- Seek out commercial growth opportunities, and drive cost savings by challenging spend patterns where appropriate. Assist with financial quotations, procurement, billing and invoicing.
- Seek to find continuous improvements and sustainability opportunities and bring them to the Director of Operations for review. Complete RCA when trouble shooting to ensure process improvements.
- Ensure documentation meets ISO 9001 compliance standard and Technicians understand the need for quality and compliance.
- Be flexible and assist the Director of Operations and planner in any commissioning, maintenance or reactive task.
- Build relationship, set up meetings, provide management and leadership to the technician team.
- Technician resource planning including holiday management with planning team
- Play a key role in crisis management, BCP and DR support
- Communicate any concerns to the Director of Operations in good time.
- Issue monthly reports detailing key performance indicators in relation to technical services objectives for technician team and subcontractors.
- Provide direct supervision of vendors/contractors on site to ensure a comprehensive Contractor Management and quality of service
- Be an ambassador through exceptional performance, positive values and behaviours, insightful investigations, clear communications and collaborative team development.
- Attend monthly meeting to review goals with Director of Operations.
- The role requires an individual with a customer focus, proactive attitude and technical strengths, combined with an ability to communicate effectively under constant pressure with a multitude of stakeholders.
- Be flexible and willing to carry out other duties as may be assigned to you by the MD or Director of Operations from time to time. Such work can be outside the area of your normal duties
Experience, Training & Qualifications
- Minimum eight years’ experience in Refrigeration & Air Conditioning Technical services and technician & contractor management.
- Candidate needs to be self-starter, strong communication capability, determined, professional and extremely well organized.
- Customer focused - delivering an exceptional service in order to meet and exceed our customers’ expectations
- Effective Communicator: Professional and excellent verbal and written communication skills. Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Teamwork: Actively contribute to the development of a positive team environment, demonstrating a flexible approach.
- Attention to Detail: Ensures that work is executed accurately and completely, paying close attention to the detail. The ability to produce clearly written reports and present to a diverse stakeholder group in a clear and concise manner.
- Fully PC literacy and experience using Microsoft Office Suite, Microsoft Office Project, and Business Management platforms.
- Experience in Asset care and reliability would be beneficial, as would commercial awareness and financial management.
- Hold a current valid driving license.
Reference Checks required