Engineer (Setting Out)
Entered: 05 Dec 2023
Job Type: Full time permanent
Benefits: Competitive salary and package
If interested, please send your Cover Letter and C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org
The Shannon Valley Group, one of Ireland’s leading civil engineering and site development entities, is currently seeking experienced Site Setting Out Engineers (Civil) for a number of high-density residential and commercial site development projects in Greater Dublin, Ireland.
The successful Candidate will work as part of a dynamic and innovative project team comprising of Senior members of Management, Foremen, Quantity Surveyors and Project Managers and will be responsible for all setting out engineering works on site, delivering projects to the highest quality, on time, within budget and implemented within the required safety, quality, and environmental parameters.
Key Responsibilities/ Duties:
- Receiving, checking, interpreting and monitoring contract plans, design drawings and/or quantities relevant to Civil works on a given project, and using these to plan and set out activities on site.
- Setting out and checking works as required for a given project on site.
- Recording survey and topographical information on an ongoing basis on a given project, and compiling drawings in Autocad format for as builts, valuation surveys.
- Liaising with any consultants, subcontractors, supervisors, planners, quantity surveyors and the general workforce involved in a given project.
- Attending weekly in house Management Team meeting of the Shannon Valley Group.
- Resolving any unexpected technical difficulties and other problems that may arise.
- Quality management and BCAR co-ordination.
- Degree qualified in Engineering (Civil/ Structural).
- Strong experience as a Site Engineer on high rise projects with either a Developer and/or Main Contractor.
- Proficiency in or strong setting out experience in using surveying equipment to include: GPS, Total Station, Automatic Level, Rotating laser and Drones would be beneficial however training may be provided.
- Knowledge of latest building regulation and certification standards would also be beneficial however training on the relevant Irish/ European standards will be provided as part of the role.
- A strong sense of ownership and responsibility for tasks/projects undertaken or assigned.
- Accuracy and attention to detail mandatory.
- Be proficient in the English language with the ability to understand instructions from and communicate with site team.
- A clean international driving licence.