Senior Engineer (Site Manager)
Entered: 05 June 2020
You will be responsible for managing wastewater, drainage or water-main sites and will be required to set-out the work with modern equipment.
- Conduct your work in a safe manner – correct and take responsibility to ensure that all works are carried out to the highest Health and Safety standards.
- Ensure that foremen and operatives clearly understand the information provided.
- Develop and maintain professional working relationships with work colleagues and Design Teams.
- Review detailed design, critique and communicate with designers to ensure adequate design is available for construction.
- Coordinate the development of design from designer’s details to approved workshop drawings or technical information from subcontractors.
- Ensure work is carried out to the highest of quality standards and implement the company's quality control procedures and project specific procedures.
- Follow direction as part of a team and attend meetings as required.
- Ensure setting-out information is relevant and available in a format that can be easily communicated on site.
- Manage and lead a team of workers and sub-contractors.
- Reading & interpreting drawings for layouts, materials measure etc.
- Management of subcontractors/general workforce on site.
- Planning works in an efficient manner to ensure program targets are achieved.
- Liaise with client’s representatives/Design Team members as appropriate.
- Ordering and control of materials on site.
- Maintaining the site records and records of discussions/meetings with designers and subcontractors.
- Maximise profit through your day-to-day actions: good self-management, accuracy in own work, elimination of re-work and contractual awareness.
- Set-out the works with modern setting-out equipment.
- A third level degree in Engineering
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience as a Site Engineer
- A minimum of 5 years' experience as a Site Manager on civil projects
- Experience working with a main contractor, subcontractor, surveying firm or similar preferred
- Good understanding of Health, Safety and Environmental regulations
- Excellent communication skills.
- Working knowledge in Microsoft Office, Microsoft Project etc.
- Proactive and driven person with a strong desire to make progress backed by a strong level of construction knowledge
- An attractive salary and benefits package is on offer for the successful candidate.
If you are interested in this position, please contact Bobby on 087 916 0169 or submit your updated CV through the link provided.
Job Reference Number: WPC852