Electrical Construction Manager
Entered: 07 May 2021
Euro Executive Recruitment have been retained by a leading international contractor to source an experience Electrical Construction Manager.
This is a permanent position based in Dublin.
- As Electrical Construction Manager you will represent the Project Manager on major construction sites and to take responsibility for all site related activities associated with the construction of a varied range of projects.
- The Electrical Construction Manager will be expected to take the lead on all on-site activities from pre-mobilisation through to commissioning and eventual demobilisation.
- Assist PM in development of construction programme, short term look ahead planning reports, equipment and materials schedules.
- Assist in project validation.
- Put site safety starter pack in place and participate in HSEQ plan.
- Method statement and Risk Assessment preparation and review with sub-contractor.
- Review construction drawings and sign off
- Assist in benchmarking installation practices and Quality procedures
- Develop a daily key action plan that includes HSEQ, productivity and people management.
- Attend/Chair internal meetings with sub-contractors.
- Produce short term programmes in line with master programme.
- Effectively manage sub-contractor supervision to enable efficient productivity
- Ensure sub-contractor workforce is on site at workface on time.
- Liaise with sub-contractors to address available work faces.
- Liaise with our client in co-ordination between building and services.
- Integrate with other internal and external supervisors to ensure cross co-ordination of trades and installation processes.
- Take ownership and responsibility of issues to drive out solutions in conjunction with Project Manager.
- Ensure operatives are working safely, wearing appropriate PPE and working to agreed method statements.
- Implement H&S behaviour/culture and Golden Rules.
- Mark up drawings in conjunction with inspection testing.
- Ensure that free issue equipment is checked, cared for and once accepted confirm to engineer to sign off for payment.
- Liaise with commissioning engineer in ensuring all systems are tested, demonstrated and handover.
- Issue final marked up drawings are correct.
- Ensure all statutory notices, schematics, wall charts are in place on site in accordance with project completion checklist.
- Assist QS in his / her duties
- Integrate with site team.
- Ensure your agreed training plan is enforced.
- Recognised Electrical apprenticeship / trade cert coupled with a minimum of 10 years Site Management experience
- Experience in managing Electrical design and build projects in-excess of €5 million.
- You will ideally be in possession of; IOSH certificate managing safety; IOSH certificate in environmental management and general NEBOSH certificate but not essential.
- Possess strong computer abilities
- Professional Acumen - Represent the company at a senior level in meetings, presentations, technical workshops, etc. in a professional, competent and capable manner.
- Communications – A strong communicator with excellent verbal and writing proficiency. Ability to lead presentations to larger audiences.
- Planning and Organising - An organised and adaptable individual with a flexible approach to work. Ability to manage and prioritise when leading multiple projects.
- Deep understanding of constructability of projects.
- Strong Commercial awareness.
- Capable of building strategic relationships with third party design groups.
- Ability to work on own initiative and build and manage a team.
For more information please contact Ciaran on 085 8621731 or send your CV directly to firstname.lastname@example.org