Electrical Construction Manager
Entered: 24 Nov 2020
Euro Executive Recruitment have been retained by a leading international contractor to source an experience Electrical Construction Manager. This is a permanent position based in the West of Dublin.
As Electrical Site Manager you will represent the Project Manager on major construction sites and to take responsibility for all site related activities associated with the construction of a varied range of projects. The Electrical Site Manager will be expected to take the lead on all on-site activities from pre-mobilisation through to commissioning and eventual demobilisation.
- Assist PM in development of construction programme, short-term look ahead planning reports, equipment and materials schedules.
- Assist in project validation.
- Put site safety starter pack in place and participate in HSEQ plan.
- Method statement and Risk Assessment preparation and review with sub-contractor.
- Review construction drawings and sign off
- Assist in benchmarking installation practices and Quality procedures
- Develop a daily key action plan that includes HSEQ, productivity and people management.
- Attend/Chair internal meetings with sub-contractors.
- Produce short term programmes in line with master programme.
- Effectively manage sub-contractor supervision to enable efficient productivity
- Ensure sub-contractor workforce is on site at workface on time.
- Liaise with sub-contractors to address available work faces.
- Liaise with our client in co-ordination between building and services.
- Integrate with other internal and external supervisors to ensure cross co-ordination of trades and installation processes.
- Take ownership and responsibility of issues to drive out solutions in conjunction with Project Manager.
- Ensure operatives are working safely, wearing appropriate PPE and working to agreed method statements.
- Implement H&S behaviour/culture and Golden Rules.
- Mark up drawings in conjunction with inspection testing.
- Ensure that free issue equipment is checked, cared for and once accepted confirm to engineer to sign off for payment.
- Liaise with commissioning engineer in ensuring all systems are tested, demonstrated and handover.
- Issue final marked up drawings are correct.
- Ensure all statutory notices, schematics, wall charts are in place on site in accordance with project completion checklist.
- Assist QS in his / her duties
- Integrate with site team.
- Ensure your agreed training plan is enforced.
- Recognised Electrical apprenticeship / trade cert coupled with a minimum of 5 years Site Management experience
- Experience in managing Electrical design and build projects in-excess of €5 million.
- You will ideally be in possession of; IOSH certificate managing safety; IOSH certificate in environmental management and general NEBOSH certificate but not essential.
- Possess strong computer abilities
- Professional Acumen - Represent the company at a senior level in meetings, presentations, technical workshops, etc. in a professional, competent and capable manner.
- Communications – A strong communicator with excellent verbal and writing proficiency. Ability to lead presentations to larger audiences.
- Planning and Organising - An organised and adaptable individual with a flexible approach to work. Ability to manage and prioritise when leading multiple projects.
- Deep understanding of constructability of projects.
- Strong Commercial awareness.
- Capable of building strategic relationships with third party design groups.
- Ability to work on own initiative and build and manage a team.
For more information please contact Sarah Murphy on 085 8608026 or send your CV directly to SMurphy@aaeuro.com