What is required?
At BSS we are looking for an Experienced Contracts Manager to join our client’s expanding team in Dublin. This role will largely require candidates to work on live projects in Ireland. Preferably the candidate will come with at least 5 years’ experience.
Some structural steel experience but this is not essential. This role will also require the candidate to carry out some estimating work.
This role will involve Project Management:
- Thorough understanding of Project Management principles and methodologies and can put these into practice.
- Demonstrates ability to work in a methodical and regulated approach to planning and executing the project using appropriate controls.
- Ensures on-going communication and reporting.
- Delivers the agreed outcomes ensuring the project is managed to budget and time frames
- The role will largely require candidates to work on live projects in the Irish market.
- The role will also require the candidate to carry out some estimating work
- Procurement of subcontractor’s, managing their package and agreement of the subcontractor’s final account.
- Compile allocation sheets for labour and plant times on work faces.
- Hiring and Off-Hiring of plant
- Reviewing the construction drawings for changes from the tendered versions.
- Compile and agree variations with the Client.
- Compile interim payment applications and submit to the Client.
- Compile, submit and agree final accounts with the Client.
- Take-Off steel, decking and cladding from drawings
- Formulating complex tender bids in a professional manner to tight deadlines.imating work.
What you need to have?
- 5-10 years’ experience working on projects which contain structural steel work or similar work.
- The ability to work within a team, on own initiative and excellent attention to detail.
- Proficient in Microsoft word, outlook, excel, project management etc.
- Excellent negotiator – Specifically with regards to agreeing project variations and securing future projects and clients.
- Ability to demonstrate leadership and work on own initiative/good organisational skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication with the ability to communicate with all internal and external partners.
What you get in return?
- A wide variety of experience
- Career progression within a structured team environment
- Competitive package DOE
- Great place to work
If you would like to know more, give Michael a call on 017071012 to discuss in complete confidenc