Senior Engineering Manager (Electrical) – Dublin
Entered: 07 Aug 2020
Euro Executive Recruitment has been retained by a leading International general contractor to recruit a Senior Engineering Manager (Electrical). This is a permanent position with this client based out of Dublin but will be required to occasionally travel to projects across Europe in locations such as Sweden and Denmark.
A generous remuneration package is on offer for the right candidate.
- Managing the engineering staff to ensure that the engineering principles and standards are adhered to. Direct the engineering staff to manage the production of construction drawings through to record drawings.
- Manage and supervise the technical submittal process, RFI process, quality, commissioning systems as required for the project.
- Ensures that there is a quality system meeting the engineering standard requirements for the project.
- Coordinates with the BIM staff to ensure the correct systems are in pace to capture coordination, builders work and support systems.
- Ensures that the electrical safety systems are designed into the project to support the company's LOTO policy. Technical supports to the construction team and commissioning team.
- Carrying out project site administration for Electrical Services
- Assessing and reporting on whether the works comply with legal requirements such as health and safety legislation, Building Regulations and Codes of Practice.
- Assessing and reporting on whether the works are being carried out in accordance with the contract drawings and documents (which may include taking measurements and samples).
- Monitoring site conditions to ensure that work is undertaken in accordance with manufacturer’s recommendations.
- Providing regular reports (often weekly) to the Project manager.
- Attending construction progress and site co-ordination meetings.
- Reviewing, monitoring and assisting with providing technical advice to resolve the M&E Contractor’s local co-ordination and or installation queries.
- Reviewing and reporting on the quality of the installations.
- Reviewing and reporting on compliance with campus and site protocols, service tie ins, cleanliness protocols and agreed method statements.
- Reviewing and reporting on the production of the digital safety files.
- 10+ years of experience in electrical engineering
- Engineering degree to minimum of Level 8 is essential.
- Demonstrate experience in the role of electrical engineering building services
- Have a good knowledge of electrical discrimination studies, load flow and cable sizing
- Support the commissioning teams to develop the commissioning plan
- Demonstrate a knowledge of all electrical code of practice, engineering codes, standards and standard industry practices
- Have a knowledge of the commercial value of engineering systems and be able to undertake value engineering initiatives
- Manage staff to engage in construction drawings, technical submittals and the RFI process
- Ensure an electrical safety system meet the minimum electrical safety standards required by code of practice
- Good communication skills and be comfortable engaging with the client and project stakeholders in regular meetings and project communication
For more information please contact Darren O’Keeffe on 085-866 5682 or email firstname.lastname@example.org